Goa is a small state in India, which is full of amazing natural beauty. You have to spend a few days in this small place to enjoy the silent beauty of the sea on one hand and the beauty of the mountains on the other.
Best time to visit Goa.
The best time to visit Goa is from November to February. Sunburn is a very famous festival in Goa which takes place during winter. You can also celebrate Christmas in December. And with it, there is the joy of the new year. Carnival is also celebrated in Goa in February and crowds overflow at this time.
How to reach Goa.
It is not very difficult to come to Goa. There are various roads, trains and flights to get to Goa.
Reaching Goa by bus or car : Going to Goa by car is the most convenient. Goa can be reached by car from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune.
There are three national highways (NH 4A, NH 17, NH 17A). You can rent any car and drive to Goa by this road.
Reaching Goa by flight : Goa International Airport is located at Dabolim, 30 km from Panjim. Daily flights from all major cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Jaipur, Ahmedabad etc to Goa. Most foreign flights come via Mumbai. You will get many prepaid taxis from Airport to reach the hotel.
Reaching Goa by train : There are six stations in Goa, among which people come to Goa via Vasco da Gama which is located in South Goa and Thivim which is located in North Goa. People come to Goa by train just to see the beautiful scenery. Also, the train is actually the cheapest and most comfortable.
Attractive Beaches in Goa.
The Arabian Sea has shaped Goa in a different way. Each beach in Goa is different. There are many beaches in Goa but these 10 beaches are a must-see.
1. Baga Beach : This beach is famous among all the beaches of Goa. If you don’t go to Baga Beach, your visit to Goa will be in vain. As beautiful as the beach is, there are many different things to do to spend time here. You never know how time will pass.
2. Calangute Beach : This beach is the biggest beach in Goa. It is famous as the ‘Queen of the Beach’. The beach is one of the best ten beaches in the world, and for that reason, it is a famous tourist destination in Goa which is a must-see.
3. Palolem Beach : The beach has made the beauty of Goa more attractive. Like watching the sunset here, the beach is a must-see.
4. Anjuna Beach : Anjuna is a small village in the northern part of Goa, and its adjoining Anjuna Beach is a beautiful tourist destination. If you go to this beach, you will definitely visit its flea market.
5. Vagatore Beach : This beach has been used for hippies for many years, but now all kinds of tourists, especially Indian tourists, are seen a lot.
6. Arambul Beach : People have been flocking to this beach in North Goa since the time when Baga and Calangute beaches were overflowing with people. But now the beach is famous in its own right and people enjoy coming here.
7. Clova Beach : This beach is the most famous beach in South Goa. Colva is a famous tourist destination because of its white sand.
8. Butterfly Beach : Butterfly Beach is a very beautiful and sweet beach. If you come in the right season, the trees bloom, the spring breeze blows, it feels like living in heaven on earth. You must see the beach.
9. Dona Paula Beach : This small beach is located in the city of Panaji. Involved in a tragic history of love and suicide, this beach has a variety of activities.
10. Keri Beach : It is a famous beach in North Goa. People love to bathe in this beach. Lots of coconut trees can be seen here.
Tourist Attractions in Goa.
1. Dudhsagar Waterfalls : You have to leave at 5 o’clock in the morning before sunrise because you have to line up for tickets. After buying the ticket, you have to take a jeep to cross a long distance to the waterfall and from there you have to walk over the rough cliffs right in front of the waterfall. Dudhsagar waterfall is really beautiful. The water is coming down from the top like white milk. Those who love to swim must not forget to dive and take the life jacket with them. Also keep some food and water with you, as you get quite hungry to cross the rocky path near Falls. However, after seeing Dudhsagar Falls, all the fatigue along the way is gone.
2. Spice Garden : On your way back to see Dudhsagar Falls, be sure to check out the Spice Garden. Here you can walk around or on the back of an elephant.
3. Christian Art Museum : Established in 1994, the museum showcases the ancient art of Goa. The museum is a famous tourist destination in Goa.
4. Fort Tiracol : Another special attraction of Goa is this fort. Built during the time of the Portuguese, this fort highlights the historical value of Goa. The fort is located on an island.
5. Tito Street : Goa is a place for fun, dancing and singing for tourists. And that’s why you have to go to Tito Street. There are different types of clubs here, for dancing, singing, making noise.
6. Fort Aguada : Fort is your constant companion in Goa because there are countless forts on the way to Goa. But Aguada Fort will bring a different feeling to your mind. This sea-facing fort was built by the Portuguese to protect it from the British and Marathi. It is a very ancient fort.
7. Basilica of Bom Jesus : Built-in 1605 AD, this place is another major attraction of Goa. This Catholic church has the mummy of St. Francis Xavier. You must see the place while travelling to Goa, you will get peace of mind.
8. Mangeshi Temple : This temple is an ancient temple in Goa. Mangeshi is the temple of Mahadev. This is a major attraction of Goa, especially for those who want to come to Goa and get a touch of Hinduism.
9. Todo Waterfalls : Another special attraction of Goa is these falls. These falls are especially attractive and convenient for those who travel to Goa with their children because they are not very high but full of eye-catching beauty.
10. Mambos : This place in Goa is suitable for people who love to dance, sing, have fun and make noise.
Famous Beach Shacks in Goa.
When you come to Goa, you understand how Goa attracts us again and again. Goa food is also very tempting. If you want all the fresh food, then it is good to know the names of those who present this fresh food. Another major goal of spending time at Goa Beach is these Beach Shacks. Here are the names of ten beach shacks in Goa.
1. La Plage : The food in this shack is very tempting. Eat food in this shack while walking on the sand while listening to the roar of the sea. Their wine is very famous.
2. Sublime : The shack is located near Baga Beach. Those who love meat should not miss this shack. This shack is very famous as Goa Beach Shack.
3. Thalassa : If you want to spend your evening with your loved one, come here. This is a Greek shack. Located on the Vagator beach. Sit here and enjoy the Greek food you like while watching the Arabian Sea.
4. Villa Blanche : If you want to taste European food, you have to come to this famous shack. Here all the fresh things are brought from the local market and your dish will be cooked as you say. You can make a good breakfast on this beach shack.
5. Bin-Me-up : It is named after a line taken from the Star Wars movie. This shack is located on Vagator Beach. Fresh salads and syrups made with coconut water are famous here. Here food is made with all organic things. The food here is very healthy and delicious. This is the best beach shack in Goa. Must come here.
6. Cafe Chocolate : The shack is very famous for a good chocolate drink. Here you will find sandwiches of different flavours.
7. Bistro : Located on Baga Beach, this shack is very famous. Here you will find a variety of seafood and a variety of drinks.
8. Martin’s Corner : Here you will listen to Goa music, eat a variety of seafood and enjoy the Arabian Sea.
9. Cope-Town-Cafe : It is located in Tito Lane, near Baga Beach. Here you will find a variety of Goan food and drinks that will touch your mind.
10. St. Anthony’s : It’s everyone’s favourite shack. A variety of North Indian dishes are available here. Besides, Goa’s spicy food, butter and garlic and various sauces are also available.
11. Curlies : The shack is a very famous shack in Goa located on Anjuna Beach. Both Indian and foreign tourists can be seen here. A very beautiful view can be seen sitting on this shack and sweet music with it. Here you just have to sit with a beer and enjoy the beauty of the sea.
12. Souza Lobo : Located on Calangute Beach, this shack is very famous. The sea can be seen in front. There is a variety of Guanaese seafood that is world-famous.
When you come to Goa, you have to come to these shack.
Things you must carry for your Goa trip.
If you go to Goa, you must have a pair of sandals and a pair of beach slippers,
Keep three pairs of shorts with you.
Two or three swimming clothes.
Shampoo and conditioner. Must take after bathing.
Take iPod, music player with you.
You must have a camera with you and enough batteries for it.
Keep your driving license with you, everyone rents cheap bikes or scooters and you need the license to drive it yourself.
You must take the number of sunglasses you have. Must keep a hat with. Take little colourful clothes that will suit you with the sea.